ihana.com - big trip - quotes
here's some of the best quotes we've heard so far
last updated 12-Dec-2002
"Why d'ya give me this beer, you know I don't drink"
- Manny G, Galveston TX, as he downs a pitcher of Bud Light
"When the war comes. If you got a gun and your neighbour's got a can of corn, the next day you got a gun and a can of corn"
- Bryan, Galveston TX
"I never wanted any kids but the bitches kept getting pregnant"
- Manny G as he recounts tales of his previous 4 marriages"Hay drogas, chicas, pistoles?"
- Most Mexican soldiers during inspections - as if we'd tell them if we had any!
"Those roads are only 18 feet wide and theres no shoulder"
- Dumb American, Grand Canyon, as he tells us how dangerous Mexican roads are
"When those latin honeys see your white skin, they'll cling to you like a baby monkey clings to its mama"
- Chevy Dealer, TX, telling us about Venezuela
"How do you turn the syphon off?"
"Its good to go"
- Galveston US Customs release the landy
"You got it dawg, y'all living the american dream"
- Jason, Galveston TX, giving maximum respect to the wicked travellers
"Shit, that plane's low"
- Tom, Mexico City, while watching a plane coming in to land
"Thats a real neat rig you guys have got"
- Lots of dumb americans, USA
"Eye-hay-na daat caam (ihana.com with heavy US accent), what is that?"
- Lots of dumb americans, USA
"I wanna log on to my internet"
- Dumb american shouting out as he walks into an internet cafe in Mazatlan, Mexico
"Have you got a spare brake master cylinder?"
- Ali(phant), Placencia, Belize, his landy swerving under braking due to two almost flat tyres
"Half sun...three quarters sun...full sun!"
- Pompous English director of Discovery Channel film at Tikal, Guatemala as the sun came out from behind a cloud
"If I drive forward another metre, its going to tip over"
- Ali(phant), Peten, Guatemala, at 5 degrees to the horizontal whilst being guided down a rutted track
"I've got a strange flashing light on my dashboard"
- Ali(phant), Alta Verapaz, Guatemala, as he drives along with his hazard warning lights on
"Estoy muy enojada..."
- Awesome El Salvadorean model doris on the phone after being stood up for the second time by the wicked travellers
"Si, hay bastante Ponces en Honduras"
- Taxi driver, Tegucigalpa, Honduras talking about the failed presidential candidates surname.
"You wanna fire AKs? - lets go now"
- Nick the ex FSLN sniper, Lake Apoyo, Nicaragua, inviting the wicked travellers to broaden their experiences
"I've had some trouble wid di police, but I ain't never killed no-one and dats di main ting, mon"
- Johnson, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
"Its a bunch of windy ass shit"
- Marty Mar (of travelswithrover.com), talking about Costa Rican roads
"I'll do something about it when we get to wherever we're going"
- Barry, talking about his painful ankle
"Dancing is a vertical expression of horizontal desires"
- Patricia, Babar disco, Cartagena, Colombia
"I've never had my wife in that position before"
- Robert Lake, Baranquilla, Colombia
"Yo no voy a salir con esas mujeres"
- Magaly, Isla Margarita, Venezuela, incredulously refusing an offer of a night out with some minging hoes
"Not much impresses us but you guys have"
- Slightly drunk guys of 'Team Expedition', in the middle of Gran Sabana, Venezuela
"Don't be talking back, mon, we'll get you trew"
- Dennis the Toyota driver dismissing our wish to turn back, Lethem to Linden trail, Guyana
"two weeks in prison was ok, all my friends were there"
- Elvis, Paramaribo, Suriname
"You're not allowed to look at other girls, but you have to kiss my friend too 'cos shes jealous"
- Katja, Oiapoque, Brazil, explaining Brazilian etiquette to B
"Transar e lo melhor coisa en el mundo"
- Elany, Oiapoque, Brazil, after a night with a wicked traveller
"Brazilian girls aren't like prostitutes, we like to talk and kiss first"
- Brazilian doris, Fortaleza, Brazil